While drowning in piles of homework, it sure is nice to have somewhere to be carefree and write about things I enjoy! I actually have a pretty short attention span, so I’m taking a break from homework to write this post 🙂
Today I’m doing another how-to guide. I have lots of clothes in my closet that don’t fit quite right, but I use tricks to “make them work”. I’m sharing some below, but I have lots more for later posts!
1) J Crew sweater, JC Penney jeans: The sweater is huge and the sleeves are too long and the jeans are way too long for me.
2) I folded the bottom of the jeans under and though it doesn’t look like that much of a difference in the pictures, it looks much better in real life. I’m fine with a bit of moderate scrunching at the bottom. I also folded the sleeves up.
3) THE MAGIC OF BELTS! The addition of the belt helps in 3 ways:
- Shortens the length of the sweater: now my legs look longer!
- Cinches in the waist: the high belt placement lengthens my legs even more!
- Gives me hips: look at that hourglass shape!
4) Of course, I have to add a scarf to complete the outfit 😉
I’m also going to take the time to acknowledge my friend Aillen, who gave me motivation to start this blog 🙂 This picture of her shows what I was busy doing last night at McDonalds:
We had lots of fun doing synchronized dances and thumbing-up people for our club fundraiser!
Until next time,